After teasing us with a new snow map Vikendi during The Game Awards 2018, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) is all set to bring it to PUBG Mobile. Tencent Games will be rolling out the 0.10 update to all players globally on December 20 at 00:00UTC (5:30 AM IST). Players will be able to parachute down to the Northern Island of Mount Kreznic, 24 hours after the update rolls out.
Vikendi is being portrayed as this next big map by Tencent Games that is 6x6 in area making it up to two times bigger than the recent addition, Sanhok. Players can expect the gameplay style on Vikendi to be a bit of a mix between Miramar, Sanhok and Erangel, where players will require a bit of a tactical expertise if they want to grab that chicken dinner.
While we haven't gotten our hands on the map yet, it is hinted that places of attraction include regions like Cosmodrome, Dino Park, Castle, Winery among others. We're especially looking forward to the gameplay style on the Castle and its surrounding areas as it is in the middle of a lake.
While PUBG has officially released the map for the PC version of Vikendi, a recent leak also puts the Mobile version of the map out in the open.
The PUBG Mobile 0.10 update will also bring the Snowmobile for players to navigate the icy terrains of Vikendi.
After the update to PUBG Mobile 0.10, the Battle Royale game will undergo a thematic change bringing the winter and snow to the gameplay. The main menu and Spawn Island will feature interactive objects such as bells that can be redeemed for rewards from the store. Players will also be able to throw snowballs at each other on the Vikendi Spawn Island.
• Vikendi, a 6km x 6km snow map
• Will be available for download at 0:00 UTC on 20 DEC 2018, and available for matchmaking 24 hours later
• New weather mode added: Snow
• Vikendi-exclusive vehicle: Snowmobile
• Snowball Fight added to Vikendi's Spawn Island
• Added layout for players with large hands
• Added a display for Crew Challenge winners on Erangel's Spawn Island. Season 1's winning teams will appear on the Spawn Island of their respective server and modes (Season 2 registration starts at 0:00 UTC on 18 DEC 2018)
• Players' best results in Crew Challenge will now be shown on their Crew pages and can be shared with other players
• Added a Snow theme to the main menu. Collect bells from all Classic mode matches and exchange them for rewards at the event center
• Shop's front page has been tuned to emphasize themes of each major update
• Added cross-server matchmaking. After enabling, players have a chance to be matched to players of the same tier on other servers.
• Players that repeatedly exiting matches right after starting will now be banned from finding matches for a period of time.
• Players may now report suspicious behavior while spectating after dying.
• Players now can collect all daily mission awards at once.
• Added Firearms Finish Upgrade System, where players can use materials at the Lab to upgrade certain weapon finishes to get additional kill effects, unique kill broadcasts, and death crate appearances.
• Added Lucky Treasure, a feature that gives players a chance to get upgradable weapon finish Glacier - M416 when they finish daily missions.
• Added Season spending rewards. Spend different amounts to get excellent rewards and steep discounts on firearm finishes
• Added Arabic support
• Players now do not need to select a second language for matchmaking and chat
• Chat system now takes up less memory and stores more messages
• New commands added to Quick Chat